community_studios - [Community_studios] Re: [cluetrain] do not read this message

community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Discussion of all things related to Public Domain

  • From: tom poe <tompoe AT renonevada.net>
  • To: cluetrain AT topica.com
  • Cc: "CommStudios" <community_studios AT lists.ibiblio.org>, "Reno_Perl_Group" <renotahoe-pm AT pm.org>
  • Subject: [Community_studios] Re: [cluetrain] do not read this message
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:56:20 -0700

On Thursday 06 June 2002 11:12, oliver AT baer-coach.de wrote:
> Having re-joined your enlighened conversation
> I find something amiss, your conversation.
>
> Hello?
>
> ?
>
> Want me to whistle?
>
> Oliver

Hi: Please don't. We're trying to Think.

OK. Scenario. The BPDG folks futz around, and we eventually find ourselves
dealing with Mickey Mouse Computers, etc. What do we do?

The folks at Creative Commons Project outline a scenario that looks something
like this:
1] Everyone places their works in the Public Domain, GPL, etc., in support
of Open Source. Check the site out for how to get FREE legal assistance at:
http://www.creativecommons.org/
2] The folks at Open Content Network, set up a parallel Internet capable of
machine-readable interpretation of the "tokens" from Creative Commons Project.
3] People learn how to build an audience in their respective disciplines
using the Internet, and then using marketing strategies for generating
revenues.
4] The commercial "arm" of the Internet dies a slow, painful death, as noone
visits their sites, because they can "flag" those suckers right out of
existence.

Does this fit Cluetrain's interests?
http://www.studioforrecording.org/
http://www.ibiblio.org/studioforrecording/