ch-scene - Free Meehans/Perkins concert at Duke Saturday night

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Free Meehans/Perkins concert at Duke Saturday night
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:24:20 -0500

I keep forgetting to trawl the CVNC calendar for free oddball music events,
but this one looks worth going to tomorrow:
http://cvnc.org/eventDetail.cfm?eventId=4566. Scott Lindroth's stuff can be
fascinating, and the various combinations of percussion, clarinet, piano,
guitar and electronics should keep things engaging.

===
Duke University Department of Music: Encounters: with the music of our time
Sat., Jan. 21, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Performed by Meehan/Perkins Percussion Duo (Todd Meehan & Doug Perkins ) with
Nicholas Lewis, clarinet/bass clarinet, & Dan Lippel, guitar.

Ernest W. Nelson Music Room, 1304 Campus Drive, Durham, NC 27708

Program: Daniel Thomas Davis: The Blue of Distance; Stephen Jaffe: Designs II
for clarinet/bass clarinet, guitar/electric guitar and percussion; Anthony
Kelley: One for the Team for clarinet and piano; Scott Lindroth: Twitter
Music for percussion duo and electronics; & John Supko: Straits

Cost: Free
todd why yes that free thing is nice thanks morman