ch-scene - [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books-- Jan 22 - Jan 29

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: internationalistbooks AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Internationalist] Events at Internationalist Books-- Jan 22 - Jan 29
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:41:09 -0500

THIS WEEK!

OPEN MEETING: YATES BUILDING ARRESTEES SUPPORT _MON
JAN 23 7PM_

_This is an open meeting for everyone who wants to come
out and strategize with the folks who were arrested and detained at and
outside of the Yates Building Occupation on Nov 13, 2011. We'll talk
about networking with other sympathetic groups, public education and
outreach, media work and fundraising. If you have skills you want to
offer, please come by and show your support._

SHOW: A STICK AND A STONE
WITH SIRLADY INDEE _TUE JAN 24 7PM_

_A STICK AND A STONE is the
haunted folk therapy of Philly songwriter and male soprano, elliott
harvey. From banjo to bass drum, piano to pedals, a stick and a stone's
meditative instrumentation swells beneath dream-ridden lyrics and
layered vocals. free download: www.astickandastone.com [1]_

_SIRLADY
INDEE is the provocative performance art and queer spoken word of
Philly's mover, speaker, thinker, and creator, indee mitchell. A
southerner to the core, they understand social justice and activism as
key tenants to their art and being. Through performances of many forms,
they work to provide visibility for those who understand themselves
beyond static boxes._

_ROOTZIE MEANS ROOTED, CANNOT NOT BE
MOVED!!!!!!! "I've been do'n my current musical focus (ROOTZIE) for
about 5 years. One of the most important lessons I've learned is to keep
move'n forward let'n go of all attachments to outcome.Through creative
think'n I manifest ways to make things work learn'n to trust my process
along the way. I now know how to speak for what I need, I know what I
want musically, and will not be moved from that placeā€¦"
http://www.myspace.com/therootzieband_

TRANS DISCUSSION GROUP _WED JAN
25 8PM_

_Trans Discussion Group, co-hosted by the North Carolina Harm
Reduction Coalition and Internationalist Books, is a bi-monthly
support/discussion group for people who identify as trans, genderqueer,
or gender-questioning. Our meetings will provide a safe space for folks
to share and process experiences, be of support to one another, and
organize around issues that affect the trans community._

_Open to
anyone who needs/wants trans support._

_Tea and snacks will be
provided!_

NEXT WEEK!

VISIT THE I-BOOKS TABLE AT THE TRIANGLE
RESOURCE FAIR AT UNC! _THU FEB 2 2-4PM_

CARRBORO'S LEGENDARY REALLY
REALLY FREE MARKET _SAT FEB 4 2-4PM_

BEYOND!

FEBRUARY POLITICAL
PRISONER LETTER WRITING NIGHT _WED FEB 15 7PM_

CROATAN EARTH FIRST!
MOVIE NIGHT _THU FEB 16 7PM_

REALLY FREE PUNK SHOW: SHAMBHALA,
COMPLETELY OFF BALANCE, AND MASSIVE MALFUNCTION _SAT FEB 18 8PM_

VISIT
THE I-BOOKS TABLE AT THE 2012 CONFERENCE ON RACE, CLASS, GENDER AND
ETHNICITY AT THE UNC SCHOOL OF LAW _SAT FEB 25 9AM-5PM_

Thank you so
much for your continued support! We hope to see you at some of our
upcoming events!

Links:
------
[1]
http://www.astickandastone.com/
---

Unsubscribe or update your subscription information here: