ch-scene - Sound proof/attenuation construction

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Michel Inserny <minserny AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Sound proof/attenuation construction
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:51:11 -0500

Good morning fellas,

I'm sure this has been discussed in the past, but I'm trying to get some
help building a band practice space in my back yard. Has anybody done
something similar that can give me some contacts, web links, telephone
numbers, etc to get some advice as of what's the best way to sound
attenuate/proof new construction so my neighbors dont complain when I play
music in that room?

This will be a new, independent building that will be a little more than 100
ft away from any neighbor, and I need to make 100% sure it works for the
purpose.

Thanks,

Michel