ch-scene - Franklin St. Comes Alive

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn / Local 506" <local506 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Franklin St. Comes Alive
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:34:24 -0700 (PDT)

This is something I've been able to add my two cents to as a member of
the Downtown Partnership board...check it out...http://
www.site.franklinstreetcomesalive.com/

glenn

The Chapel Hill Downtown Partnership and The Mayor=92s Office have
initiated a special 6-week pilot program called, Franklin Street Comes
Alive! to bring local musicians and performers to Franklin Street to
play in designated outdoor areas.

Musicians will be performing on Friday and Saturday nights from 7:00
to 10:00 pm beginning at the end of July 2009.

Our goal for Franklin Street Comes Alive! is to support downtown
business by marketing downtown as a thriving cultural destination. We
also hope to nurture and expand Chapel Hill's cultural assets by
supporting local musicians.

Musicians are welcome to apply to Franklin Street Comes Alive! Earn
some money and promote upcoming shows while playing for a broad
audience on the street. The program will pay each act $50 in addition
to tips earned. Fill out the simple application to be considered to
play.

http://www.site.franklinstreetcomesalive.com/