ch-scene - Re: Franklin St. Comes Alive

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn / Local 506" <local506 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Franklin St. Comes Alive
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 08:51:58 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, there is no relationship between this and Local 506. I was
just asked to attend the brainstorming meetings that lead to Franklin
Comes Alive...which is slightly better than them doing it without any
music venue's two cents.

It's more aimed at musicians just starting out (the ones that might
have a hard time getting a show at Local 506)....BUT I could see this
also be used as a promotional tool (ie: New Town Drunks play out on
Friday night to promote their 506 CD release show on Saturday, etc.)

Again, it's not a huge thing for the town or the music scene, but
definitely a step in the right direction...glenn