ch-scene - Free Local Shows and Local Music Compilation

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Corina Lucia Apostol <corina.apostol AT duke.edu>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Free Local Shows and Local Music Compilation
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 13:39:09 -0500

Hello everyone,

For those of you that don't know us yet, we're called Campus Concert
Series(CCS)
and we're a group of Duke students organizing local music shows at the
Armadillo
Grill, on West Campus. Our shows are free and all ages and happen almost every
Friday from 5:30 PM.

You can find us here: http://www.duke.edu/web/CCS/

or here: http://www.myspace.com/dukecampusconcerts

Our schedule this spring includes several special shows at the Pinhook and
other
cool downtown venues in addition to the Armadillo. Check them out:

January 9th - The Secret Theater, Christabel and the Johns, The New Familiars

January 16th - Paleface, The Never, Lost in the Trees -in Von Der Hayden
Pavilion, Perkins Library

January 23rd - The Sammies, Juan Huevos, Soulless Dogs, The Embarrassing
Fruits
at the Pinhook!

January 30th - Leaving Venus, Gray Young, Maple Stave

February 6th - Rat Jackson, Vodak, The Dirty Little Heaters, Ryan Eagan

February 13th- Fujiyama Roll, Pistil, Virgo 9

February 20th- The Hugenots, The Accident that Led me to the World, Panda
Force

February 27th - All Your Science, David Eisenband, Fictional
Detectives,Electric
Funeral

March 21st - BATTLE OF THE BANDS! Duke vs UNC - at the Duke Coffeehouse

March 28th- Downtown Durham Music Festival and Smalltown Release Party

April 3rd - Sea Cow, The Fustics, Panda Force at Springternational, Bryan
Center
Plaza

April 10th - Grappling Hook, Jason Adamo, Magic Babies

April 17th - Beloved Binge,The Ex-Monkeys

LAST BUT NOT LEAST, we've compiled some great songs, graciously donated by the
bands that are playing this semester, and you can download and listen FOR
FREE,
here( but you need itunes):

http://deimos3.apple.com/WebObjects/Core.woa/Browse/new.duke.edu.1756814860

Feel free to email me with questions and join our facebook group 'Campus
Concert
Series'

Have a great day,

Corina

  • Free Local Shows and Local Music Compilation, Corina Lucia Apostol, 01/05/2009