ch-scene - Re: Anybody ever try Hearos hi-fi earplugs?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Dale <Dale.Shew AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Anybody ever try Hearos hi-fi earplugs?
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 04:58:10 -0800 (PST)

I bartend at The Garage in Winston-Salem and I too use the Etymotic Hi-
Fidelity earplugs. I tell anybody that will listen that it is the
best $12 I ever spent. Not only does the music still sound good (and
not muffled like the foam plugs), but I can hear drink orders better
than without them. I never experienced the "itchies" but I take them
out between bands.

OK, back to lurk mode-
-Dale

On Nov 4, 11:56=A0am, gr... AT ibiblio.org (grady) wrote:
> I'm still using my Etymotic Research ER20's, which are *the same thing*
> as the "hi fidelity" Hearos (Hearos being sort of a catchall earplug
> marketing company, I guess). Here's the ER website:http://www.etymotic.co=
m/ephp/er20.aspx

> They are by far the best sub-$100 earplugs you can buy. Back when they
> were more expensive & were mailorder-only, I believed in them so much
> that I'd do group orders in order to get the bulk discount. There are
> quite a few local musicians who're still using ER20s that we bulk-ordered=
.

> Thankfully now they're easier to find and cheaper for single orders.
>
> So yes, get 'em! I actually ought to replace mine, as I've almost
> certainly used them past their supposed usable lifespan.
>
> The only caveat I'll give you about them is that they make my ears itch,
> but only while they're in. I find that the itching doesn't really kick
> in until maybe 45 minutes of steady wearing, and luckily the shows I go
> to mostly consist of multiple 45-minute sets, so it's rarely a problem.
> Other folks don't seem to get the itchies at all, so YMMV.
>
> Ross
>
> DJ Golf wrote:
> > The recent Nick Cave concert in Washington DC was the loudest show
> > I've ever been to, and after 2 days of tinnitus I decided to start
> > looking for some high-end earplugs that save my hearing without making
> > the music sound like I've got two wads of rubber foam stuffed in my
> > ears. =A0I found Hearos online and they're just $14, and they have a fe=
> > big musician endorsements. =A0Any feedback (under 115 db please)?
>
> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --http://lists.i=
biblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene