ch-scene - Re: Free documentary @ Local 506...7/7

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "martin hall" <mdhall005 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Free documentary @ Local 506...7/7
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:23:42 -0400

For whatever it's worth...

I would encourage anyone/everyone to check this film out.

I caught a screening of * Through The Fence* at Manbites Dog in Durham a
little while ago, and was impressed. Eleni did a great job of tackling a
sometimes very emotional and passionate issue (veganism [sic]) without any
of the sensationalism or over the top shock value that, unfortunately, seems
to creep into the discussion/argument all to often (in my experience at
least). Yet the effectiveness of her message/arguments was not lost. I (a
decidedly non-vegan) left the screening with the feeling that I had been
informed and enlightened, not scolded, shamed and/or yelled at.

Very well done.
Kudos to Eleni and friends!

-5er

p.s. and chef shirlle's vegan treats are yummy!!