ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of June 27, 2008

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Booking at Pizza Palace <bookingatpizzapalace AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of June 27, 2008
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 13:32:32 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 27, 5:38 pm, gr... AT ibiblio.org (grady) wrote:
> Friday, June 27
> Bull City (http://www.bullcitytheband.com/)
> Pneurotics (http://www.myspace.com/pneurotics)
> Pizza Palace, Durham
>
> It's maybe no secret that I'm a big fan of shows at restaurants and
> other nontraditional venues. Blame my small-town punkrock upbringing, or
> maybe just my fondness for eating at shows. Or the fact that it's fun to
> see a band right-up-close, which is usually the only way you see 'em at
> places like pizza joints.
>
> Anyway, bravo to the Pizza Palace for reaching out to the indie-rockers
> (although both Bull City and the Pneurotics are about as straight-ahead
> rock as indie-rock gets around these parts, so the Palace regulars
> shouldn't be too alarmed).
>
> Friday, June 27
> Dexter Romweber and the New Romans
> (http://www.myspace.com/dexterromweber)
> Rat Jackson (http://www.myspace.com/ratjacksonmusic)
> Local 506, Chapel Hill
>
> Dex's New Romans are his large (gtrs, drums, horns, keys) band.
>
> Friday, June 27
> Dry Heathens (http://www.myspace.com/dryheathens)
> Grappling Hook (http://www.myspace.com/torchmaraudersgrapplinghook)
> Double Down, Raleigh
>
> Durham invades Raleigh for the night. The Grappling Hook played BCHQ
> last week & Dave nearly took out half the crowd when he started swinging
> a real live grappling hook around his head.
>
> Friday, June 27
> Opening Flower Happy Bird (http://www.myspace.com/openingflowerhappybird)
> The New Sound of Numbers (http://www.thenewsoundofnumbers.com/)
> Sunking!
> Jack Sprat Cafe, Chapel Hill
>
> Friday, June 27
> Suburban Sweethearts
> The Booze (http://www.myspace.com/thebooze)
> Slim's Downtown, Raleigh
>
> Saturday, June 28
> The Heist and the Accomplice
> (http://www.myspace.com/theheistandtheaccomplice)
> Lovely Leaves
> The Cook Sisters (http://www.myspace.com/safebankaccounts)
> Bull City Headquarters, Durham
>
> Saturday, June 28
> Birds and Batteries (http://www.birdsandbatteries.com/)
> Your Black Star (http://www.yourblackstar.com)
> The Chuttesville Speak
> Patrick O'Boyle
> Jack Sprat Cafe, Chapel Hill
>
> Saturday, June 28
> The Moaners (http://www.themoaners.com/)
> Dirty Little Heaters (http://www.myspace.com/thedirtylittleheaters)
> The Cave, Chapel Hill
>
> Saturday, June 28
> Something About Vampires and Sluts
> (http://www.somethingaboutvampiresandsluts.com/)
> Diamond Studs (http://www.myspace.com/juanhuevos)
> Entertainment (http://www.myspace.com/entertainment)
> Reservoir, Carrboro
>
> Saturday, June 28
> Jokes & Jokes & Jokes (http://www.myspace.com/jokesjokesjokes)
> The Alcazar Hotel (http://www.myspace.com/thealcazarhotel)
> [...]

Thanks to everyone that came out to Pizza Palace and to the bands!
Also for the last minute Dry Heathens performance, excellent touch.
We are looking forward to setting up more local Friday shows. Our
goal is at least two a month.

Here are the details below.

Pizza Palace would like to offer another venue option
for local bands!

Two local bands on a Friday night.
Music starts at 10:00 pm, load in by 8:00 pm.
Pizza Palace has two bars, cool beer and food.
All ages. We also hope to have a bike rack in the near future (thanks
Dave and Erin).

Two local bands.
Two dollar PBRs.
$5.00 cover, bands split the cover. If a band does not want to charge
a cover that is their choice....none of the cover charge goes to Pizza
Palace.

You will need your own PA.

If you would like to book just email bookingatpizzapalace AT gmail.com

There are a few other fun surprises for the bands, just email to find
out.

Thanks,
Pizza Palace