ch-scene - Re: transmission repair

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: transmission repair
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 10:00:02 -0400

There was a place in hillsborough that was highly recommended by my import guy for all things ford. Unfortunately I can't remember the name as I don't have that car anymore. I took my old ass aerostar out there and they did quality work and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. It was right off 84 at the highway. Maybe someone else can think of the name. The googles do nothing for me right now.

When my transmission busted (in a different car) I found it cheaper to buy the transmission myself and have it shipped to the shop. Then you get to shop around for a decent price on the part and you are only paying labor (and fluids). The shop will give you a bunch of crap like "you know we don't guarantee the part, right?" but they do guarantee the labor. The part is usually covered by who you bought it from. Downside is that you would have to pay the place to remove it if the part is indeed faulty.

Wish I could be more help.

k.