ch-scene - Re: amp recommendation?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: david gourley <davidg.nospam.news AT verizon.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: amp recommendation?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:46:26 GMT

rchrdlln AT gmail.com put forth the notion in...news:aaa3af5a-73b9-4ad0-a610-
7721b9812a85 AT j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> Can anyone recommend a small amp for recording that isn't bank-
> breakingly expensive? Doesn't have to be tube; doesn't have to pretend
> to produce death metal distortion. In fact, a small solid state amp
> would be fine if it actually sounded decent. I'd like to avoid digital
> amp emulation (Line 6 style). There seem to be a ton of new amps on
> the market and I was wondering if anyone had had positive experiences
> with any of them. Thanks.

You didn't say what your budget was, but this may work -

Epiphone Valve Jr. Best of both worlds, works with a variety of speakers
and cabs.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-
Amplifier-Head?sku=482069

david