ch-scene - Re: amp recommendation?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Darbro <kdarbro AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: amp recommendation?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 00:40:00 -0400

I have one of those little Orange Crush 15 amps that Chris is talking about,
and I've been more than pleased with its sound on simple room recordings
with friends. That's with a 57 in front of it, and also with a condenser
just picking up the room sound.

I also fondly recall and miss my old Fender Musicmaster Bass amp.

You can luck out and find them pretty cheap:

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Bass+Amp/product/Fender/Musicmast
er+Bass+Amp/10/2

I think I paid $100 or so for mine. Apparently, they are a good amp to
modify, if you are in to that kind of thing. It's a very warm, rich, and
thick tone for not a lot of cash.

- Kevin