ch-scene - Re: booking?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: booking?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:16:00 -0700 (PDT)

>Local 506 in Chapel Hill is another good venue but gigs are a little more
>dear there.

Wow, wanna elaborate?

If you're suggesting that more bands hear 'no' than yes, well...that's
true. In fact, I just checked our online booking address and since
Monday, we've gotten 46 emails about shows. At most, we could only do
12 bands in that time-frame, so that does mean 34 of those acts (or
about 3 out of every 4) are gonna get rejected based on pure lack of
availability (ie: demand for shows greatly exceeds supply of
opportunities.)

glenn / Local 506