ch-scene - Re: booking?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bryon Settle <ployntabs AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: booking?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 16:37:22 -0400

I played Dain's a while back. The "stage" area is literally about six by six. Nice crowd though. James Joyce, as I understand it, is mostly cover bands.
I also remembered The Mansion in Chapel Hill. they seem to be booking the louder, original bands.

grady wrote:
Poor old Durham has:

Bull City Headquarters: http://www.bullcityhq.org
Weekly shows at the tiny Dain's Place: http://www.dainsplace.net/
Occasional shows at the James Joyce: http://www.jamesjoyceirishpub.com/

(how do you find out about shows at Dain's or the JJ? I have no idea)

Outdoor shows (mostly, ahem, "family-friendly," although I see some familiar names on the schedules . . .) which are outlined at this recent Dependable Erection blog post: http://dependableerection.blogspot.com/2008/06/surfeit-of-free-music.html

When the students return, of course, there's the Duke Coffeehouse: http://dukecoffeehouse.org/

Bryon Settle wrote:

So help me out folks; Besides Broad Street Cafe, where to play in Durham? Raleigh has The Berkley Cafe, Slim's, The Brewery, Sad's, Lincoln Theater, The Pour House, etc..But what about poor old Durham?

Bryon Settle