ch-scene - Re: Good article about music biz...

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Good article about music biz...
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 18:07:50 -0700 (PDT)

That model isn't too different from how ASCAP/BMI/SESAC collect fees.
I know I collectively pay them about $3K a year, and I'm fairly
certain little of that trickles down to the acts that actually play my
club. Likewise, I would imagine not every club carries all three
'required' licenses (some not carrying any) which makes such a system
more difficult to pay act representatively.