ch-scene - Re: parking on E. Franklin (was Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <glennscottboothe AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: parking on E. Franklin (was Re: Did Ruckus Kill Schoolkids?)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 13:58:33 -0800 (PST)

> My only complaint is when I play gigs in CH. I
> think it would be a step toward improving things if club owners worked
> out a deal with the town that they can reserve one or two parking
> spaces in front of their clubs for band vehicles.

I agree, but it' s not as easy as it sounds...and there are a lot more
things the city could do to add support to the music infrastructure is
so proudly boasts of (like, maybe eliminating the need for memberships
when you charge a cover fee already or eliminating the amusement tax,
that most of you are probably unaware, but is 3% of the door fees we
take in. ) I could go on...glenn