ch-scene - Re: turntable repair

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: david gourley <davidg.nospam.news AT verizon.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: turntable repair
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 20:48:55 GMT

hepstyle AT gmail.com (James Hepler) put forth the notion
in...867aa6ef0803050906x5bfecb62r428baee0f67f2aca AT mail.gmail.com:">news:867aa6ef0803050906x5bfecb62r428baee0f67f2aca AT mail.gmail.com:

> Man said he couldn't work on my pioneer. :( Thanks for the link
> though!
>
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Fikri <fikri.y AT gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> It was years ago, but I had great service from the folks at Custom
>> Light and Sound located on Guess Road in Durham (phone #
>> 919-286-0011) when my great old tank of a JVC turntable started
>> acting up. They fixed it right up for a reasonable price.
>>
>> Link: http://www.customlightandsound.com/index.php
>>
>> -Fikri
>>

>> On 3/5/08, James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I love my pioneer turntable. Heavy duty, quartzy, just wonderful.
>> Lately
>> > it's been acting up in that somewhere in the guts of the machine
>> > the
>> tonearm
>> > gets hung up on something and won't move all the way from one end
>> > to the other. In the process of trying to figure out what's wrong,
>> > I knocked
>> the
>> > tonearm all out of whack.
>> >
>> > Is there anyone who still fixes these things? Am I doomed to buy
>> > some
>> piece
>> > of crap because I can't afford a quality turntable? I used to have
>> another
>> > one that I donated to Radio Free after the robbery and it never
>> > made its
>> way
>> > back to me after they closed. Anyone know if Bull City sound or
>> someone
>> > fixes these things?
>> > -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>> > http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene
>> >
>> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene

Call Russ at Bull City? It could be fairly simple. He's been known to
do them.

Maybe Tweeter can service it, or Audio Advice in Raleigh if Russ can't.
Not a lot of 'stereo shops' left anymore, it seems.

david