ch-scene - turntable repair

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "James Hepler" <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: turntable repair
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 11:32:20 -0500

I love my pioneer turntable. Heavy duty, quartzy, just wonderful. Lately
it's been acting up in that somewhere in the guts of the machine the tonearm
gets hung up on something and won't move all the way from one end to the
other. In the process of trying to figure out what's wrong, I knocked the
tonearm all out of whack.

Is there anyone who still fixes these things? Am I doomed to buy some piece
of crap because I can't afford a quality turntable? I used to have another
one that I donated to Radio Free after the robbery and it never made its way
back to me after they closed. Anyone know if Bull City sound or someone
fixes these things?