ch-scene - Wings

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Jeffrey Herrick <herrickjeffrey AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Wings
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 05:14:25 -0800 (PST)

I'm in Buffalo right now so I thought I'd chime in for my hometown's sake..
The 3rd "W" stands for Weck.. a great roast beef sandwich kummelweck bun..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kummelweck
Its no longer served at BW3.. go figure

WECK is also an AM radio station in Buffalo that used to sound like Divaville
24hrs/day.. now its apparently classic country
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WECK

If you think CH development is bad.. you should all come to Buffalo...
and if you want real wings and weck go to the Anchor bar
http://www.anchorbar.com/origins.asp
They probably need your business more than east franklin st.

Now I live right down the street from the Cat's Cradle/ Arts Center.. I can't
imagine we're gonna get much better at development than proposed.. but I'm
always scared because I'm from Buffalo..

Jeff