ch-scene - Re: Dorton Arena 4/7/70 Raleigh, North Carolina - Led Zepplin

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: DJ Golf <djgolf AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Dorton Arena 4/7/70 Raleigh, North Carolina - Led Zepplin
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 08:24:53 -0800

On Nov 4, 9:54 am, david gourley <davidg.nospam.n... AT verizon.net>
wrote:
> heatherruss... AT nc.rr.com (Heather Russell) put forth the notion
> in...news:000701c81ee8$a4fd5190$0201a8c0@gryphon:
>

> > I admit, I'd be interested in hearing about it too, if you don't mind
> > cc-ing me when you send it to Andy :)
>
> > BTW, I think way back in the day on this list, we'd get a posting
> > every year or so of someone looking for a 1970ish recording of a local
> > concert -- I want to say it might have been this one. I'd always
> > shake my head and think "yeah, good luck with that".... but maybe
> > they're still subscribed and will see the post.
>
> > In fact, when I saw the title of the post, I thought "ah he's at it
> > again".
> >:P
>
> > - Heather R., lurking

I grabbed a set list off a Zep fan site...

01/29/1975 Coliseum, Greensboro, North Carolina
1. Rock And Roll
2. Sick Again
3. Over The Hills And Far Away
4. In My Time of Dying
5. The Song Remains The Same
6. The Rain Song
7. Kashmir
8. The Wanton Song
9. No Quarter
10. Trampled Underfoot
11. Moby Dick
12. How Many More Times
13. Stairway To Heaven
14. Whole Lotta Love (intro) / Black Dog
15. Communication Breakdown

Bootleg Reference:
* Greensboro 75

Seems to indicate there are boots out there too.

IIRC there was a Zep show in Greensboro about 1977-78 or so, but there
wasn't a reference to it on the site above - maybe I'll google
further. I recall wanting to go but also being too young to go off to
Greensboro on a school night, or so my parents thought.