ch-scene - Re: Dorton Arena 4/7/70 Raleigh, North Carolina - Led Zepplin

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: andy fekete <andy.fekete AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Dorton Arena 4/7/70 Raleigh, North Carolina - Led Zepplin
  • Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:59:20 -0000

On Nov 6, 11:24 am, DJ Golf <djg... AT mindspring.com> wrote:
> On Nov 4, 9:54 am, david gourley <davidg.nospam.n... AT verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> > heatherruss... AT nc.rr.com (Heather Russell) put forth the notion
> > in...news:000701c81ee8$a4fd5190$0201a8c0@gryphon:
>
> > > I admit, I'd be interested in hearing about it too, if you don't mind
> > > cc-ing me when you send it to Andy :)
>
> > > BTW, I think way back in the day on this list, we'd get a posting
> > > every year or so of someone looking for a 1970ish recording of a local
> > > concert -- I want to say it might have been this one. I'd always
> > > shake my head and think "yeah, good luck with that".... but maybe
> > > they're still subscribed and will see the post.
>
> > > In fact, when I saw the title of the post, I thought "ah he's at it
> > > again".
> > >:P
>
> > > - Heather R., lurking

Here is the set list for the Zepplin show at Dorton Arena in Raleigh
on 4/7/70:

1) We're Gonna Groove/Groove
2) Dazed And Confused
3) Heartbreaker
4) Bring It On Home
5) White Summer/Black Mountain Side
6) Since I've Been Loving You
7) Organ Solo
8) Thank You
9) What Is And What Should Never Be
10) Moby Dick

If I may paraphrase David (the only eye witness to this show that I
know of), the performance ended with "Whole Lotta Love", and also
included something from the first album, possibly "How Many More
Times".

-A