ch-scene - Re: smoking outside (was: Dive 9/27)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Reese Gibbs <rrgibbs53 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: smoking outside (was: Dive 9/27)
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:23:21 -0700 (PDT)

Smokers are the last of the rebels. Like the Mohegans without all the
running. We run smoke rings around your arguments.

Actually, sadly, I quit smoking last week so you smokers are on your own
now. Gone are the skank-eyed looks I get from Grady at the 506. I've hopped
over to the righteous side of the fence. I already feel like a school marm.

Boo.

Kevin Slater <saulecker AT gmail.com> wrote: Oh, I wasn't saying I agree with an
outside smoking ban. I was
commenting on the blatant disregard for the sign.

oh, and I agree with an outside smoking ban. BAN THE SMOKERS!!

(more trolling there...)

Kevin

christopher rumbley wrote:
> I can appreciate no smoking in in-closed spaces - lived in nyc - its nice
> not to be forced to wash you clothes the next day since they don't reek of
> stale smoke.
>
> On 9/26/07, Kevin Slater wrote:
>> Every day on my way home from work I pass a group of people standing
>> RIGHT NEXT TO a "duke is now 100% smoke free inside and outside" sign
>> who are smoking. They're like leaning on the sign, striking their
>> matches off it, blowing smoke rings at it...
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> grady wrote:
>>> Yet smoking is BANNED everywhere on Duke campus, including the
>>> Coffeehouse. Plots within plots, wheels within wheels . . .
>> -- ch-scene: the list that mirrors alt.music.chapel-hill --
>> http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/ch-scene

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail,
news, photos & more.
>From jameshepler AT yahoo.com Wed Sep 26 14:35:35 2007
Best of luck to you Reese! I know you can do it!