ch-scene - UNC-Duke-NCSU Crazy Student-Musician Union Thing

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Lindsay <ABlossomUnfolds AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: UNC-Duke-NCSU Crazy Student-Musician Union Thing
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 18:44:25 -0000

I really appreciate you all responding so enthusiastically and with
such great resources!

James, I'm glad you mentioned the Union Production Services. I had no
idea that they even existed. Depending on the budget that CUAB decides
to give me for the project, the concerts will be free for students,
and they will foot the bill to pay the musicians who are chosen to
perform.

I've just heard of this Creative Commons thing, too from Steve-o the
other night. Someone told me he was doing something similar, and
hopefully we'll be able to discuss it more next week.

With all of these folks doing so much stuff to grab students'
attention, we should do some inter-campus work. Duke and UNC have a
Battle of the Bands every year that is a lot of fun, but I think
mostly it's just friends of the bands who come out to see the
slaughter. Not too many kids are getting introduced to the scene.

I really want to find a way to get the outside community involved
more, too.

Thanks so much for your input and direction! ~Lindsay

  • UNC-Duke-NCSU Crazy Student-Musician Union Thing, Lindsay, 08/28/2007