ch-scene - Eh, Whatever

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Eh, Whatever
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 15:53:46 -0700

Does anyone else feel that is kinda strange that the Indy now has a
dedicated section to rag on bands? Sure, I guess it's better than
dissing them in a section call 'Get Out - Music Worth Leaving the
House For", but this section will need to be filled each week - so
some writers are going to have to seek out bands they do NOT like,
instead of utilizing that time to promote things people should see.

I know I might have a bias, but seeing how many clubs have closed in
this area in the past few years, I don't need think the so-called
scene needs any help losing patrons.

glenn