ch-scene - Re: On Durham and identity

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "trekky records" <willhack15 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: On Durham and identity
  • Date: 5 Apr 2007 12:45:35 -0700

Good points all around. I guess its actually extremely case-by-case.
Some rooms have good PA but are inherently echo-y. Some are good
spaces with terrible equipment/staff to run it. But, you're right, its
usually bearable. I think I'm just dreaming of my fantasy venue, which
is relatively clean, but has personality, has good sound, mid-sized,
the staff is friendly and supportive and the booker likes exactly what
I like.

But GO! is closed of course.

-will