ch-scene - Re: ..speakers?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeremy Blair" <jerblar AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: ..speakers?
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 13:09:05 -0400

That reminds me of a couple of years ago when I bought a tube amp from
guitar center. I was showing it off to my non-musician friends and
they were all like, "you can still buy tube amps?" I think the
majority of people think that tube amps are a relic of the classic
rock era and aren't being made anymore.

I see a ton of Fender DeVilles and Deluxes on stage these days..a few
Marshall stacks from the big spenders and an occasional Vox. We're
talking about tube amps at this point right?

On 3/27/07, James Hepler <jameshepler AT yahoo.com> wrote:
I might be mistaken, but I thought that vacuum tubes
still pretty much run the world.