ch-scene - Re: need bass player

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Jeff Hart" <jeffhoo1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: need bass player
  • Date: 23 Mar 2007 13:49:24 -0700

this may finally be the year i pull for the heels in the final eight.
most of my life it's been a.b.c. (anyone but carolina) for me. growing
up in raleigh as a david thompson era ncsu fan builds some strong
bonds.

two years ago, the ncaa championship game had about one minute to go
and the heels were up by one or it was tied, i think. i said "if
there's ever a time to go ahead and cross that line and pull for the
heels, it's now." i couldn't do it, i cheered for illinois to win.
maybe i've mellowed, but i seem to like this team better than recent
ones. if it's duke vs. unc, i'll still pull for duke. ncsu vs. duke, i
pull for state. with wake vs. duke, it's usually duke.