ch-scene - This week in Diversions (3/22)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: breed AT email.unc.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: This week in Diversions (3/22)
  • Date: 20 Mar 2007 23:21:52 -0700

Yo!

We're back! And tanner than ever! (That's a lie. I didn't get very tan
in Charlotte.)

But what's most important of all is that we have a full-fledged
Diversions this week! Huzzah!

I, for one, am glad to be back. I missed Chapel Hill a lot. But we
have some fun stuff in store for ya this week, so all's well that ends
well.

First, we have our annual post-spring-break trivia contest, THE BIG
QUIZ!

Then inside the section, we have plenty more, including movie reviews
of "300," "I Think I Love My Wife" and "The Ultimate Gift."

We've got a nice little Q&A with Ari Picker of Lost In The Trees (and
also The Never) about his new EP and release party at Blend alongside
Butterflies, Prayers & Tears and The Strugglers. There's also a review
of said EP, Time Taunts Me.

And for other musics, we have our humble (but hopefully informed)
opinions of new(-ish) releases by Ted Leo + Pharmacists, Panda Bear,
Radical Face, Mary Karlzen, Alabama Thunderpussy, I'm From Barcelona,
Aqualung, and probably more that I'm forgetting.

There's a pretty picture of Nathan Oliver performing at the now-not-
two-stores Schoolkids on Franklin St.

And hopefully, if I can figure out how technology works, we'l have the
first in a series of mp3 interview features, this week starring Nathan
Oliver. He's got a sweet new record out on Pox, and is a super-nice
guy, so I had a chat with him about his record, and well, whatever
else, really.

Also, before I say goodnight/goodmorning we're just over three weeks
away from our big, snazzy FRIDAY THE 13TH PARTY AT LOCAL 506! It's on
April 13th and is FREE! There's info on the 506 website, and hopefully
if you're anywhere near UNC's campus, you'll see flyers in the coming
weeks.

Until later, keep it snazzy Chapel Hill,

- (a very tired/delusional) Bryan from Dive

  • This week in Diversions (3/22), breed, 03/21/2007