ch-scene - Re: Eschewing the physical CD itself in favor of....

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: skillet.gilmore AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Eschewing the physical CD itself in favor of....
  • Date: 25 Feb 2007 15:42:03 -0800

making and mailing cd's to folks that haven't requested them is a
waste of money, resources and time. 99.9% of all those cd's will wind
up in the trash. put together an EPK (electronic press kit) with a
bio, any reviews you have and links to your songs online. hell, just
use myspace. then hit up people in the indie bible (although i
personally don't believe in any books of that sort) and if they
request a press pack you can send it to them. print enough cd's to
actually sell and x amount that you can use for promotional purposes.
think of cd's as product for sale and let the introweb do the rest.

sg