ch-scene - Re: Kashmir in Durham

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: MBlapkan AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kashmir in Durham
  • Date: 1 Dec 2006 12:32:41 -0800

Greg Cox is wrong on Kashmir. My boyfriend and I do their buffet a
couple of times a month, and it is one of the best in the triangle. I
actually prefer Indian buffets to a la carte because you get a variety
of dishes like in a real Indian meal and unlike some other cuisines,
the steam table treatment actually works well with Indian food because
it lets the spices permeate the food instead of sitting awkwardly on
the surface. I have always found Kashmir's vegetarian buffet
selections to be very tasty and they often have great non-standard
dishes. (just don't expect undercooked crunchy vegetables).

Saffron's great, but Kashmir is highly underrated.

I've been reading AMCH for over ten years, and this is only the second
time I've felt strongly enough to de-lurk. I don't work for Kashmir.