ch-scene - Charlotte

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: thegav AT hotmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Charlotte
  • Date: 4 Oct 2006 06:48:03 -0700

Hello, all. I'm headed to Charlotte this weekend for a wedding--staying
in the University area, I think. I haven't been there in, like, 10
years so the big question is: anybody got any tips for daytime
sightseeing-type things to do while I'm there?

If it helps, I'm more World's Largest Ball of Tin Foil than whatever is
on the Chamber of Commerce-approved list of sights. Also worth noting
that I'll have my kids with me so bar recommendations will go sadly
unused.

Help me dispel my own continuing perception of Charlotte as The City of
Lending Institutions, won't you?

Many thanks,
GAVIN