ch-scene - Re: A couple of questions

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: A couple of questions
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:13:33 -0400

I dunno the answer to the first two (well, if you can't find an actual packaged copy of Rockin the Blocks, I could hook you up with a burn, but I heard they had a few hundred left over, so you'd hope they'd be interested in distributing them as opposed to landfilling them).

As for the third one, I'd go a couple of steps farther. *I* read Mark's blog, and I heartily encourage other people to do the same. He posts longer entries about one or two bands at a time, and is thus able to go into more depth, and is also clearly less burnt-out than I am, so he's willing to put some time into thinking of intelligent things to say. ;-)

As part of my personal freakout of web development activity that was spurred on by the Indy article (as in "oh fuck, people might actually look at my website"), I added a *bunch* of links to local-music-related blogs & websites here: http://www.trianglerock.com/etc/

Mark's is linked there, along with Karen Mann's excellent multimedia local-rock blog, Mann's World, as well as a few others (including the still awe-inspiring NCMusicHistory.com). There are also some links to non-bloggy (as in, they don't update regularly) but still-crucial stuff, such as Perfect Sound Forever's pretty-much-mandatory "How NC Got Its Punk Attitude."

Ross

Mark wrote:
Hi folks,

1) Whatever happened to the Quarantines? Their MySpace still exists,
though their web site is gone. Are they still around?

2) Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the Rockin' the Blocks CD
from last year? Since it was a giveaway/promo thing (right?), would
there be a problem with someone making me a copy?

3) Does anyone want to read my blog? The Oak Room
(oakroom.blogspot.com) is a music blog about the Triangle. I'm a
little reluctant to self-promote like this, but if anyone is the
audience for it, it's you guys. Sometimes I feel like Ross's site
makes what I do a little redundant, but our tastes are different
enough that it's probably OK. Feedback is welcome, and I'd love to
hear from bands.

Cheers,
Mark