ch-scene - Re: OT: Durham Motels?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Kevin Grealey <kgrealey AT mckinney-silver.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: OT: Durham Motels?
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 15:09:18 -0400

There's a Marriott downtown that is nice. About a 4 minute drive to Duke.
There's a motel near the American Tobacco Campus that used to be a Best
Western. Clean enough, but not real, real nice. I think it's called Royal
something or crown something. There's also Hilton on Hillsborough Road that
is nice. A little further away but nice enough.
The Washington Duke in is the nicest if money isn't a problem.

> From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
> Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:02:21 -0500
> To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
> Subject: OT: Durham Motels?
>
> Trying to help out a friend.
>
> Can anyone recommend a few affordable motels near Duke where a friend
> can stay with her son when he comes up to start his freshman year?
> I'd check into it myself but I'm 850 miles away at the moment.
>
> They're from New Orleans and are treating the trip up to Durham as a
> long-awaited vacation/escape, so a nice clean place would be good.

MCKINNEY /