ch-scene - Massive bolt of lightning strikes near me as I listen to Slayer

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: djgolf AT mindspring.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Massive bolt of lightning strikes near me as I listen to Slayer
  • Date: 6 Jun 2006 14:10:01 -0700

So, my odometer didn't make it to 66666 yet, but I did put "God Hates
Us All" in bay 6 of my 6-disc changer as I headed out to check on a
couple of clients this afternoon. Thunderclouds gathered and a big
lightning strike hit the ground very close by (judging from the sound,
within a mile or so.) I suppose if I'd been on 66666 it would have hit
me. Perhaps this would have simply made me more powerful and possibly
immortal. Now I'll never know.

BTW, am I the only person who thinks "Reign In Blood" hasn't aged all
that well and even sounds a little, I dunno, light compared to "God
Hates Us All?" Maybe it's just advances in recording & mastering
technology, plus the effects of 200,000 more cigarettes on Tom Araya's
voice. And I haven't heard the new live performance of "Reign" that's
on DVD yet. But I really like "GHUA." It's a dark, loud, heavy,
nasty, unbelievably fast and intense record with some really profane,
blasphemous and violent lyrics and cover art that may even offend me
(you have to look under the white card that covers the front of the
CD.) In other words, what rock & roll is all about.

the name dj golf has 6 letters