ch-scene - Re: Stuff to Do, week of May 19, 2006

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Bo Williams" <bowilliams AT gmail.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Stuff to Do, week of May 19, 2006
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 15:25:45 -0400

Fri - Sat May 19-20
Soundscape Movement Fest
http://www.soundscapefest.org/

I wholeheartedly recommend Kinodance on May 20 @ Nightlight- I've seen
them several times up here in Boston and they've always been
excellent. Dance + video is usually a recipe for, if not disaster,
mediocrity. It's rare to see it done well. Local dance has become my
new local music, since I'm cranky, local music is much more of a
gamble up here, and I like to go to bed early.

Thanks for the link to this- it'll give me more ammunition next time
the "but we can't move to NC, there's no DANCE there" argument comes
up with the missus.