ch-scene - Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 11:35:55 -0400

Hell yeah, Chris, I'm up for a Lisztomania night. As long as you join the
"Let's go see John Coltrane's piano in High Point" trip I'm planning in my
head right now. :)

> Lair of the White Worm, which is sort of like
> if Merchant-Ivory directed a Highlander sequel.

Lair of the White Worm *is* pretty good, with a cute li'l pre-fame Hugh
Grant, but The Devils is even better - a historical episode with lots of
kitsch and over-the-top creepy excess, but smarter than his other films. It
also has a truly fantastic performance by Oliver Reed, one of his best.
Allmovie.com has a good review under the synopsis here:
http://allmovie.com/cg/avg.dll?p=avg&sql=A13555.

todd "Rarely has so much anger and outrage been poured into a film..."
morman