ch-scene - Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Todd Morman" <tmorman AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "RTP-area local music and culture" <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Calling all bigots (everyone here)
  • Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:00:36 -0400

> plus roger daltrey never played strauss.

Dude, give a reference at least:
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/vhs-title-l/lisztomania/282798

"Liszt arrives at the Russian princess's palace. First he's knocked
unconscious by gas emitted from some ornamental bottoms on the wall (this
sequence involves a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo by Oliver Reed). Then we
get possibly the most excessive single sequence that Ken Russell ever
filmed. For reasons that aren't quite made clear we have Roger Daltrey
singing some kind of song about how great love is (music Liszt, lyrics
Daltrey/Russell). He's wearing a dress. And he's sitting on a 15-foot giant
penis, being towed around by naked women. To recap - Daltrey, in a dress,
singing, sitting on a giant penis, being pulled around by naked women."

Holy fuck. Why have I never seen this film? And just in case you don't
believe it, a short clip:
http://www.screenhead.com/funny/nifty/lisztomania-149999.php

todd NSFAnyoneButYou morman