ch-scene - Re: Day trippin to Coltrane's house

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Day trippin to Coltrane's house
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:15:08 -0400

Lately, when investigating other cities that I'm going to visit, I've taken to (OK, somewhat obsessively) putting everything onto Tagzania.com

So, for instance, the stuff in the Triad (mentioned by Todd & by me, as well as a couple of other things I forgot to mention) looks like this:

http://www.tagzania.com/tag/triad ("big map" view here: http://www.tagzania.com/tag/triad?map=1 )

A warning: the posting interface to Tagzania is of limited use if you just have the street address of the place you're tagging, as they don't have a built-in geocoding engine. You can click-to-tag, or you can use their bookmarklet from various other mapping sites (probably the easiest method, although I can't seem to get it to work for me, so maybe not) or you can geocode your own addresses into Lat/Long coordinates here: http://www.batchgeocode.com/lookup/

Would be nice, too, if they had a view which included the list of sites with letters corresponding to the map pins, for easy printing or whatever.

But it's pretty entertaining as-is.

xo

Ross

Chris Calloway wrote:
--- Todd Morman <tmorman AT nc.rr.com> wrote:
I figure we can take a Saturday or Sunday, leave the
Triangle early and
wander, hitting as many of those as we can before
heading home that night.

fine by me.

i have only a pickup truck for driving these days.
kinda rough on more than two people if going as far as
high point or if raining. :)

i just paid $3 for a listzomania tape new in shrink
wrap offa ebay. we'll see if it arrives intact.

3