ch-scene - Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Mary Anne Barckhoff <barckhoff AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: good ethnic food in Durham/RTP area
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:09:43 -0800 (PST)

Yamazushi rocks! Great food, great atmosphere. The Lunch Boxes they have
are my favorite -- nice variety of yummy stuff to eat. Good for us
indecisive types. I wouldn't call it cheap, but I don't consider it
overpriced for the amount of food you get. You can also order the sushi "a
la carte," which is a cheaper way to go.

Banditos next door to it is good Mexican too. Best salsa verde around.
mab

tommy gibson <tcgibson AT mindspring.com> wrote: Mary Anne Barckhoff wrote:
> China One used to be excellent 5 or so years ago. But, somewhere along the
> line it went downhill and it's not so good anymore. It's okay, but not
> nearly as good as it used to be.
>
> mab

That sounds like what I remember about China One. It also explains why
their parking lot is now empty so much of the time and the place has
that sort
of "we're about to fold" look. Too bad; I remember the staff as remarkably
friendly.

I was not impressed with the Chinese place at Woodcroft, but I used to
go there 'cause
it was cheap and I was/am lazy. Then I received a long black hair in my
white rice ... haven't
been back since. I've worked in enough restaurants to know that these
things happen,
but that doesn't make it any less disgusting when it does.

Any comments on the Japanese place in Woodcroft, Yamazushi?
It seems kinda' pricey, but they've stayed in business a really long
time ...