ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Ben Davis <ben_dontspamme_davis AT unc.edu>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 16:24:15 -0500

I hear ya
when I was in school at JMU in VA - I was the "Big Events" chair for WXJM - which meant organizing shows for bands - We did shows for over 200 bands in 3 years - of which I would guess half were from Chapel Hill - and without much if any of the student activity money from the school - we just used the shit out of the facilities....

James Hepler wrote:
I see what you're saying. I guess where I'm coming
from is that even if they are doing similar things,
not enough is being done in that specific area.
And yeah, I figure most people who would care about
these things are probably damn active in other aspects
of their lives. There's the rub.

--- trekky records <willhack15 AT gmail.com> wrote:

i'd like to say this is something i could take on as
a UNC student but
i simply have too much on my plate and not enough
time. i'd be willing
to help out because i think its really important,
but to take the lead
of it would be unfair to its success.

although i agree we can't rely on XYC or CUAB, it
seems silly to start
another organization that would do similar things.
the human recources
for doing something like that would already be tied
up in those
groups...

-- ch-scene: the list that mirrors
alt.music.chapel-hill --