ch-scene - Re: best way to support artists?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: best way to support artists?
  • Date: 15 Feb 2006 10:36:14 -0800

>>The thread was (and still is, subject-heading-wise) about how best to
>>support artists. Thanks for clarifying your position on that one.

Grady, there are a million of kids downloading free music as I type,
and you keep trying to paint me as some type of bad guy. I probably
buy more CDs than most people reading this and, even though I say I
don't pay over $12, I did drop $13.98 for the new Belle & Sebastian at
CD Alley last week, even knowing that Best Buy had it significantly
cheaper. On the other side of that, there are albums I've bought
(Kanye West, Ted Leo, etc.) even though I had a burned copy.

My point is that, at around $12, and probably more like $10, I have to
think how much I really want this CD. At $10 or below, it's an impulse
buy to me. I share that info because I think it's valuable to bands -
price it too high and you might lose potential customers.

glenn