ch-scene - Re: Durham music scene

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "DJ Sad" <djsad AT sapoverde.net>
  • To: <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>, RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Durham music scene
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:46:57 -0800

hmm, I know this has come up before
Here's a couple of thoughts:

1. My impression is that the average age of folks attending is older than it
used to be in the mid-90s. This of course could be a entirely self-selecting
observation.

2. And to add, from talking with folks who lived here and went to local music
shows ten years ago -- I feel like there is a lot less interconnectedness
between musicians in local bands and UNC students (esp recent grads) than
there used to be.

And this isn't to say Glenn is not right but maybe these are contributing
factors.

Or perhaps these psuedo-insightful unscientific observations are completely
wrong.

I have never been to Teasers.

Sincerely,
MOD