ch-scene - AV Geeks in January

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: avgeeks AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: AV Geeks in January
  • Date: 11 Jan 2006 10:29:08 -0800

Here's some upcoming AV Geeks events:

We Are Driven
Films about the automobile - how they are made, how we drive them and
adore them. Films include: What Made Sammy Speed, Stop Driving Us
Crazy!, Triumph at Daytona and more! Bring a friend! Door prizes.
Suggested Donation $3.
9:00pm, Thursday January 12th, Bickett Gallery, 209 Bickett Blvd,
Raleigh, NC (919) 836-5358

The Modern Housewife
Films aimed towards solving the problems faced by today's (well,
really, yesterday's) modern housewife. A fascinating and insulting look
at the 1950s and 1960s housewife. Films include: Goodbye to Garbage,
Home is What You Make it, Soft as a Cloud, Joy of Living with Fragrance
and more! Bring a friend! Door prizes.Suggested Donation $3.
8:00pm, Friday January 20th, Center for Documentary Studies, 1317 W.
Pettigrew Street, Durham

AV Geeks Greatest Hits
We present some of our finest films that feature really catchy/annoying
songs. Includes: Fun with Lines, Telezonia, Crash Bang Boom, Shake
Hands With Danger and more! Bring a friend! Door prizes. Suggested
Donation $3.
8:00pm, Tuesday January 31st, Kings 424 S McDowell Street, Raleigh, NC,
(919) 831-1005.
-----------------------------

SPECIAL AFTER XMAS SALE (sale ends Jan 15, 2006)
All DVDs, DVD-Rs and VHS tapes are $12 (normally $15).
Buy any four AV Geeks DVD-Rs or VHS tapes for $45 (normally $50).
Buy any ten AV Geeks DVD-Rs or VHS tapes for only $90 (normally $100).

Visit http://www.avgeeks.com/catalog.html to see what titles are
available.

Hope to see you soon,

Skip
http://www.avgeeks.com

To be added to the AV Geeks list, email me at skip AT avgeeks.com

  • AV Geeks in January, avgeeks, 01/11/2006