ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[1.2]Jan06

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[1.2]Jan06
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 10:33:26 -0800 (PST)

Wednesday - 1/11 - Intro: - New electic mix of house, broken beat and
downtempo. Music by Keith. 9p-midnight. Helios, 413 Glenwood
Ave, Midtown Raleigh.

Thursday - 1/12 - 1/15 - SOLID SoulWeekender - Everytime Djs Marco and
Midnite Cowbwoy go out of town to spin they come back pumped from the times
had away. They rock rare and classics grooves from the 60s and 70s and
invite to town their dj cohorts to bring the party to us. Events take place
at a variety of places around the Triangle. For those of you that can keep
up, check the site for info: www.solidsoundsystem.com.

Friday - 1/13 - Better than Ibiza - Bridging the Atlantic between us and
the tiny island way over there, Djs TimChet and FezMo bring trance,
Eurodance, and breaks fever. With VJ Sharif Razz-AQ. 10p. Nightlight, 405
1/2 Rosemary St., Chapel Hill

Friday - 1/13 - Some Call It House...We Call It Home - Definitely a 'wish I
could be there' moment. The godfather of house music, Frankie Knuckles. Not
a freaky but funky Friday the 13th. Five, Washington DC - www.fivedc.com

Sunday - 1/15 - Neu Romance Funk & Soul Review/SOLID Soul Weekender - Known
to offer the best djs a poor man can afford, this night features hipness from
Milwaukee, Chicago, New York and local favorites Castro and Midnight Cowbwoy.
9p. Free pool and food. Kings Barcade, 424 S. McDowell St, Downtown
Raleigh - www.kingsbarcade.com, www.neuromance.org & www.solidsoundsystem.com

Also happening:

Wed - 1/11 - Organix @ Pour House (Raleigh)
Wed - 1/11 - Djs Merlin & Soundmachine @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Wed - 1/11 - Sleazy McQueen @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Thu - 1/12 - Theory w/DJ /violinist PePe, EDM & guests @ Wetlands (Chapel
Hill)
Thu - 1/12 - RAW w/LeMoore @ Sushi Blues (Raleigh) -
www.glamooreproductions.com
Thu - 1/12 - Latin Night @ Red Room (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com

Thu - 1/12 - Djs Joe Bunn & MarkT @ Bogarts (Raleigh)
Thu - 1/12 - Trainwreck Thursdays (Dj night) @ Aries (Raleigh) -
www.aries-lounge.com

Thu - 1/12 - 80s Night w/Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)

Fri - 1/13 - Costa w/Keith, 6-10, Romaric, 10-2 @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Fri - 1/13 - Dj Mooney @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sat - 1/14 - Costa w/Sleazy McQueen, 6-10 & Romaric, 10-2 @ RedRoom
(Raleigh)

Sat - 1/14 - Djs Mooney & Merlin @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Sun - 1/15 - Blake @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Sun - 1/15 - Family (Dj night) @ West End Wine Bar (Chapel Hill)

Sun - 1/15 - Dj MOVE @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Mon - 1/16 - CoCo do Brasil w/Keith @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Mon - 1/16 - Syterrain Red w/Djs Merlin & Forge @ White Collar Crime
(Raleigh)
Mon - 1/16 - Wade 3 @ Crowley's of Stonehenge (Raleigh)
Tue - 1/17 - Green Room (variety show) @ RedRoom (Raleigh)
Tue - 1/17 - Dj Allwayz @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Tue - 1/17 - ElectroBistro w/Dj Markus Marek & guests @ Fuse
(Chapel Hill)
Tue - 1/17 - Undertow w/Aron Wayne @ Sirens Lounge (Durham)

Yahoo! Photos
Got holiday prints? See all the ways to get quality prints in your hands
ASAP.