ch-scene - Re: Goodbye Clyde Cooper's? (Progress Marches On)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Goodbye Clyde Cooper's? (Progress Marches On)
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 15:13:00 -0500

Bryk wrote:

The sad part of this story is, Tony (who owns Cooper's) told my boss the above article was the first he even heard about his possible eviction. Progress had never even sent him a courtesy letter stating their intent.

That Progress had plans for this property shouldn't be news to anyone. I've heard various bits of speculation over many months that the new development would be built 'around' the Cooper's location, the Cooper's interior would be moved, that a new building would have a street-level space designed for them, and other such things. It all seems like just talk for the time being, and while it might not be imminent, I don't think it'll be too long before something comes to pass.

--rt