ch-scene - Re: Goodbye Clyde Cooper's? (Progress Marches On)

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: John I <not AT hotmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Goodbye Clyde Cooper's? (Progress Marches On)
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:19:47 GMT

James Hepler wrote:

> Speaking of the N&O. Ouch for them, getting it wrong
> on the headline.

If you're talking about the miners: yeah.

I found out about the mistake this morning reading a few weblogs and went to
the N&O site to see what they had said. I could find nothing current about
the mine accident so I guessed that they had gotten it wrong in their print
edition and had scrubbed the story from their website. It looks like I might
be right.

A similar thing happened in the past few weeks with a story about Tom Delay's
request that Texas Court Criminal Appeals hear DeLay's money laundering case.

The court agreed to consider hearing it, but it was widely reported
(including in the N&O) that the court had decided to hear it (from a
statement made by Delay's lawyer). I tried to confirm what the N&O had
printed on the subject by visiting their website, but lo; the story was
missing.