ch-scene - Re: someone ought to hip them to Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "dj golf" <mcass AT mindspring.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: someone ought to hip them to Nightlight
  • Date: 29 Dec 2005 12:51:13 -0800

My other favorite record in recent months (Sleater-Kinney's "The
Woods") is on Sub Pop as well, oddly enough. Prior to this & Wolf
Eyes, I think the last thing on SP I bought was "8-Way Santa" by Tad.
Been a while since that.

Acc. to the cover story in The Wire, Wolf Eyes were called The Michigan
Wolverines in an early incarnation, before getting a cease & desist
letter from the UM athletic dept. Oh well, at least Wolf Eyes didn't
lose to Nebraska.

It's interesting that Richard Ramirez is the guy's real name. If I
recall, it's also the name of LA's "Night Stalker" killer from a few
years back. Now if somebody named John Wayne Gacy turns up making
noise records it'll just be too weird.

Guitar Wolf was a cool name too, esp. when the bassist was Bass Wolf
and the drummer was Drum Wolf. I remember being kind of disappointed
in the Guitar Wolf show at 506 back around '98 or so, though. Too much
posing, not enough rockin'.

dj golf