ch-scene - Re: someone ought to hip them to Nightlight

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Rawls <jcmidrange AT yahoo.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: someone ought to hip them to Nightlight
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:30:49 -0800 (PST)

From: "dj golf"
> The disc on Sub Pop is phenomenal;

I agree very much and it's been a long long time
since I've said that about anything on Subpop. That
album has been out over a year and a half and I still
feel that way (most of their tapes are good but
there's a reason why most of that stuff is only on
tape). Along with their show at 506, the Nightlight
show (getting back to the title of this thread) in
summer '03 um, also ruled and stuff.

While we're at it, a native Michigander (there
are quite a few in Raleigh alone) told me one member
was known back home as "Magic Fingers"...it involved
clitoral stimulation and you know, fingers (I don't
know if they have a "song" about it), and in a really
awkward shift I'm going to say I still think the
Canadian band AIDS Wolf has a cooler name.

Rawls