ch-scene - Re: Kings cover-up thoughts

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Kings cover-up thoughts
  • Date: 6 Dec 2005 10:28:49 -0800

As hopefully you're aware, I'm all for making rocks shows more fun and
turning them into bigger events such as the Minutemen tribute show and
the WXYC BBQ shows. In fact, I even contacted Kings last year to see
if we could do a Best of The Cover-Up show to give bands a second
chance to play and Chapel Hill peeps a better chance to see them.
Kings didn't like that idea and I respect their decision.

So, of course, once I caught wind of Rock Lotto (which I hadn't even
heard of prior to buying 506,) I started sniffing it out. Kerry
Cantwell and I have discussed doing this at 506 a few times over the
past year or so, but it hasn't gotten off the ground. In fact, I still
have her last email from February in my 'Bands to Book' email folder
(and yes, that folder does exist for bands I want to give shows to.) I
can't speak for Kerry, but I think if a few people offered to help
organize and run this, it could get going again.

And, of course, 506 would love to host...glenn